Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I need recommendations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    I need recommendations

    on a SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. I am interested in a heavy bass sound. Any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need recommendations

    if i am not mistaken Alex Smoak from Wise is tryin to sell one.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need recommendations

    I have the Onkyo HTS770 and I've been totally happy with it. It was about $460 after taxes. Your best bet is to go to Circuit City in Kingsport or Johnson city and shop for what you want, taking into account budget considerations. Friendly and knowledgeable sales staff as well. Here's a link to the new Onkyo model after the 770:

    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Onkyo...oductDetail.do
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    The_Sage
    Guest The_Sage's Avatar

    Re: I need recommendations

    Thanks for the info Mo and the link. The subwoofer that you have with that system has it's own power supply??

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need recommendations

    Yeah, its a pretty big monster. I have it pointed at my viewing location and if I'm watching a movie with heavy bass, like Lord of the Rings, I can feel a rush of air every time there's a big bass thump. A friend of mine upgraded his center and front speakers on the same system, but for the money, it's a good system to start with....definitely gives plenty of bang for the buck.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 661's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need recommendations

    if possible you should shop in virginia. the difference in sales tax is considerable - worth the drive to bristol.
    Don't feel like Satan, but I am to them
    So I try to forget it any way I can.


  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I need recommendations

    Really, the difference is not that much when you take into consideration gas prices these days.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •